Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Fight Back: AP Says Mississippi is "King of Cellulite," But Veg News Nominates Mississippi Blog For Top Award

An AP story today proclaims Mississippi to be "King of Cellulite" in the US. That comes from the latest report of the Trust for America's Health and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. I don't know who those folks are, but anyone having to get on a plane in Jackson knows that the study is probably correct.

But maybe this leads to a new state slogan: "WE EAT AND WE'RE HAPPY ABOUT IT."

So, all you folks who get upset when Mississippi is defamed like this . . . I have a great response for you.

Vote for the Jackson-based "Fat Free Vegan Kitchen" blog in the VegNews Magazine's poll for the Veggie Awards for the best vegetarian or vegan blogs.

I can see it now: AP says we're the "Kings of Cellulite," but VegNews says we're the home of the top vegan blog. THAT will start heads spinning from Coast to Coast!

So what are you waiting for . . . go vote!

PS: The blog does have some good recipes, and that plug is coming from a man who thinks steak, beer and Twinkies should be a sacrament.

2 comments:

Susan Voisin said...

Wow, Jim, I don't know what to say! I guess you've put the responsibility for saving Mississippi's reputation squarely on my blog's shoulders. Oh, the stress!

Thanks for encouraging people to vote. If I win, I'll owe you a 6-pack. You can buy your own steak and Twinkies.

Anonymous said...

I will vote.