Wednesday, November 18, 2009

An awfully, awfully belated congratulations on a wonderful career

Going back through the archives of this site and its predecessor, I ran across a comment to an early post of mine that deserves mention.  Somehow, I missed it back then, and I apologize profusely for that.

Chip Reynolds, longtime state GOP operative, Clinton High School supporter and general raconteur, had commented to congratulate me on joining the blog, and then he dropped the bomb:  His wife, Judi Reynolds, retired at the end of last school year after 39 years at Clinton High.  Mrs. Reynolds was one of my all-time favorite teachers, and was tremendously talented at making English interesting to her students.  I wanted to take a moment to thank her for what her dedication meant, not only to me, but to the countless students that learned at her feet.  I hope she enjoys her well-earned retirement!

No comments: